Here are some things we expect from all Te Kohanga Students. Some of these things you do for others and some of these things you do for yourself – they are all designed to make our school a place where we are happy, and where we aim for high expectations in all our endeavours. Here are your important responsibilities.
- You have a responsibility to allow others to work without being bothered
This means that you quietly make good use of your time and do not annoy others or go into their personal space.
- You have a responsibility to try your hardest.
This means that by having a great attitude you do your best each and every day.
- You have a responsibility to help make our school a great place to be.
This means being thoughtful, respectful, and courteous to others. This also means being a kaitiaki to our school grounds and resources.
- You have a responsibility to treat all other students and adults with respect.
All adults (Principal, Teachers, Teacher Aides, Office Staff, Ground Staff, Volunteers) are treated as equal in our school and students are expected to listen and follow their instructions. Equally students are given respect by all adults – a positive, balanced relationship is key to making accelerated progress at school.
- You have a responsibility to follow school rules as these are designed to keep you safe.
This means observing all safety, playground, and classroom rules.
- You have a responsibility to use words and actions that support your classmates.
Swearing, insulting words and violence are not accepted at Te Kohanga School.
- You have a responsibility to be honest.
Mistakes and errors in judgement happen, and can be quickly fixed if we are honest, accept the consequences and move on with our day.