Te Kohanga is a settlement in between Tuakau (15min to the East) and Port Waikato (15 minutes to the West).
It has a long history of farming and schooling with the original school being opened in 1914. The school has had many generations of the same families attending and we are working to digitally archive all our old school photos which currently go back to 1954.
Our area is rich in Māori culture with four local marae surrounding our kura. These are: